This is a UUA course. GIRE highly recommends it!
The below information was duplicated from the UUA’s interim religious educators webpage on February 6, 2017. For the latest information, visit that page and scroll down to this section.
Interim Training for Program Professionals
Twice a year, the UUA Office of Church Staff Finances offers a six-week, online Interim Training for Religious Professionals.
Staff will find this training useful if:
- They are serving, or preparing to serve, in an interim capacity
- They are, or will be, working with an interim minister
- They want to look at their current work and context with fresh eyes, especially during times of change
- Introduces a variety of leadership and change models
- Equips staff in the essential areas of congregational systems and staff relations
- Grounds staff in the tasks of the interim process
- Provide practical tools and resources for interim work
For more information:
The next training begins in late February, with an application deadline of February 10, 2017. For more information or to apply, contact Jan Gartner, Compensation and Staffing Practices Manager, email@example.com. (While much of the content is similar, please note that this program is separate from the training offered through the Transitions Office for clergy entering interim ministry.)