GIRE offers continuing education that is open to all religious professionals. Since we are constantly learning, it is our hope that we build short term learning communities that can learn from each other as we study subjects of interest.
Upcoming Course Offerings
This is a 3-part series where participants may choose to participate in one, two or all three sessions.
The first session will explore the birth and growth of religious education as a profession.
The second session will explore the religious educator and its relationship with authority.
The third session will take a peek into what the future holds for religious education as a profession.
Facilitated by Michele Grove, D. Min. Michele is a religious educator who began her career in 1988 as a youth and young adult coordinator. She received her Doctor of Ministry in May 2019 from Wesley Theological Seminary’s Cambridge Program entitled, “Creative Ministry for Church Renewal in a Changing World.” Her project thesis focused on transitional religious education and its role in the twenty-first-century church.
If you have any questions about the course or any GIRE services, email email@example.com
Are you a GIRE Member? Then choose payment method #1 or #2. If you are not a GIRE member, choose payment #3 or #4.
- If you are a GIRE member and plan to take one or two of the sessions, use payment method #1.
- If you are a GIRE member and plan to take all three sessions, use payment method #2.
- If you are not yet a GIRE member and plan to take one or two of the sessions, use payment method #3.
- If you are not yet a GIRE member and plan to take all three sessions, use payment method #4.
#1 GIRE Member, One or Two Single Session Option
I am a GIRE member and I am paying to attend one or two single GIRE education classes.
#2 GIRE Member, All 3 Session Option
Use this button to pay for the upcoming GIRE education opportunity if you are a GIRE member and plan to take all three sessions.
#3 Not a member of GIRE, One or Two Single Session Option
Use this option if you are not a member of GIRE and plan to take one or two sessions. The cost is $25.00 per chosen session. You are welcome to join GIRE if you have taken the UUA Professional Interim Training and are a current member of LREDA. http://www.uugire.com/membership
#4 Not a member of GIRE, All 3 Session Option
If you are not a member of GIRE and wish to take all 3 sessions, use this link. You are also welcome to join GIRE. GIRE members are members in good standing with LREDA and have completed the UUA Professional Interim Training course. http://www.uugire.com/membership
You can also pay for your course by:
- by sending a check made out to the Guild of Interim Religious Educators and send it to Karen LoBracco at 48 Adams Street, Brockport, NY 14420
- by requesting an invoice through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Course Offerings
Email email@example.com with your questions or suggestions.