1. Support interim religious education professionals and settle religious education professionals who see the value of the interim process in their ministry;
2. Advocate for interim religious education work in Unitarian Universalist congregations;
3. Provide continuing education for GIRE members (and other UU professionals as possible). To learn more about upcoming education experiences, go to our Education Page.
Membership is for Interim and Settled Religious Educators
Membership is open to anyone who engages with transition with their religious education professional work. The Guild supports the work of interim, transitional, and developmental religious education ministry and its practitioners in faith-based communities. To be a member, one must:
- Wish to connect with others engaged in transitional interim religious education work.
- Be a member of the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA).
- Have completed the UUA’ interim religious education or professional interim training (PIT).